We have initiated a Young Einsteins Science Saturdays program four our 5th through 8th grade students...
The HHS Polymers program is a CTE course that is part of Hattiesburg High School's course offerings, so this page provides information about our campus.
Hattiesburg High School
The Mission Statement
In collaboration with parents and community, Hattiesburg High School's mission is to provide a comprehensive education that maximizes potential to ensure career-focused students that are prepared for the challenges of the twenty-first century.
The Vision Statement
Hattiesburg High School will provide a safe and supportive, student oriented environment while maintaining a rigorous curriculum which will cause students to graduate and excel as productive citizens of a global community.
1. Increase the percentage of students scoring advanced and proficient on the SATP exams by 10% and increase our student’s average ACT score to 18 and higher.
2. Increase the graduation rate to 80%.
3. Increase the overall positive school climate through PBIS thus decreasing discipline referrals by 10%.
4. Increase the ADA of our students to 95%.
5. Increase the positive interaction and partnership with parents and community members by hosting monthly events.
1. Every student can and will learn when presented with the optimal opportunities.
2. Students will have the opportunity to learn important content and develop critical habits and skills.
3. All departments of HHS will be organized to use best teaching practices and provide a rigorous curriculum.
4. Teachers, students and all staff will be provided with an environment conducive for high academic performance, continued growth and development.
5. The educational process is most successful with a nurturing partnership between students, parents, the community and school.
1. (DGB) Destination Graduation and Beyond
2. (DEAR + W) Drop Everything and Read/Write
3. Thinking Maps
Hattiesburg High School is just a few short blocks for the University of Southern Mississippi and its polymer facilities in the Shelby Thames Polymer Building ...